My Addiction

I don't leave my apartment without a camera on me. Yes, I obviously have a problem. Let me share it with you. To learn more about this blog (assuming you want to learn more), check out Welcome to my World

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Another Gordon Ramsay Statistic


In better days, warmer ones at that, the staff at Blackberry's out on Watchung Avenue giving passerby some sweet iced tea. I liked Blackberry's. It had a yellow and purple outside and a rather funky soul albums hanging and posted on the walls motif inside. The folks working there were pleasant; the food was good. The prices were very reasonable.

Then came Gordon Ramsay and his Kitchen Nightmares crew. "Let's paint this place a depressing grey! Let's set up the dining room as if it's a high class kind of place! Get that Motown out of here!" Apparently there was in-fighting amongst the staff at the restaurant, but I never saw that during my meals taken there. I do know that parking issues might play into a lack of business.

But, as far as I'm concerned, Ramsay killed it. I did an online search and, while he supposedly rescues businesses already in trouble, the majority of his "rescues" have gone out of business within a year or two of his involvement. Yikes!




No comments:

Post a Comment